[plug] Windows X-client

Peter Wright pete at akira.apana.org.au
Mon Feb 11 13:53:44 WST 2002

On Mon, Feb 11, 2002 at 01:47:33PM +0800, Peter Wilsmore wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 11, 2002 at 01:34:00PM +0800, Peter Wright wrote:
> > Oh well, as long as it's only _slightly_ offtopic. I mean, we have
> > dreadfully high standards for ontopicness here, you know.
>
> Oh yes I can tell from other posts.

Ah, someone observant. This could be tricky then. *looks wary*

> > Go and have a look at
> >
> >   http://www.cygwin.com/xfree/
> >
> > and follow the very very good "downloading and installing" directions.
>
> Perfect - exactly what I was looking for I knew this existed somewhere
> (I can remember someone telling me about installing it) and had just
> started looking at the XFree86 web site to try and find it.

And if after that you're not warped enough by the idea of running XWindows
stuff under Microsoft Windows, have a look at:

http://kde-cygwin.sourceforge.net/

...and be really scared. :)

> thanks,
>   Peter

Pete.
--
http://akira.apana.org.au/~pete/
DWIM - Do What I Meant. It describes Perl's sometimes uncanny ability