[plug] Web Server Specs

Mark Nold markn at enspace.com
Mon Feb 11 21:14:13 WST 2002

RAID is a must. And to second that Software Raid under linux is great. Ive
had a couple of disk die on web boxes recently and with raid they just keep
on ticking (make sure they are both on separate IDE interfaces though)

I also find that if (or maybe "when" from my last 6 month experience of
returning 4 disks) your disks fail and they are still under warrenty, just
buy a replacement and wack it in whilst you wait the 4-6 weeks for the
warrenty job. The few hundred dollars spent is always worth it. (Of course
the remaining disk should hopefully hold up for the day you run around and
buy the replacement)

mn