[plug] Linux uptime

Mike Holland myk at golden.wattle.id.au
Tue Feb 12 10:38:43 WST 2002

On Tue, 12 Feb 2002, Patrick Tehvand wrote:

> I have seen some people with their boxen uptimes in their signatures.
> anyone car to let me in on the script secret?

The "secret", I believe, is to use a named pipe for your .signature file,
and a daemon script with unbuffered writing to the pipe.

 Or you could do it the boring way with a cron job.

--
  "For every fatal shooting, there were roughly three non-fatal shootings.
   And folks, this is unacceptable in America. It's just unacceptable. And