[plug] Sound card dramas

Kim Covil Kim.Covil at csiro.au
Wed Feb 13 18:50:35 WST 2002

Along these lines it is worthwhile noting that most motherboards have
certain slots that are tied together IRQ wise... ie slot 5 might always
have the same IRQ as the AGP slot... or slot 3 might share IRQs with the
ATA100/133 bus...

Check with your motherboard manual... I know this caused me some
problems with my machine as bus mastering devices don't like to share
IRQs (not that I think the Live is bus-mastering)

Cheers

Kim

Kim Covil - CSIRO Exploration & Mining  E-mail:  kim.covil at csiro.au
,-_!\
            PO Box 1130, Bentley,       Direct:  +61 8 6436 8638    /
\
            Western Australia  6102     Fax:     +61 8 6436 8555
*_,-._/
        Please direct all personal e-mail to kimbotha at covil.com.au