[plug] debian mirror using apt-proxy

Bernard Blackham bernard at blackham.com.au
Sat Feb 16 15:54:59 WST 2002

List,

Sometime last month, I recall somebody asking about having a debian
mirror for a small number of machines and the main solution offered
was to use a proxy with a big cache for .deb's. (I can't find the
original posting).

But recently being confronted with the same problem, I've stumbled
across a neat program called apt-proxy. Allows you to maintain a
partial debian mirror using rsync (behind the works). Just point
your sources.list to the proxy and it'll pull what it needs.

Hope this enlightens anybody around - first time I'd heard of it! :)

Bernard.

--
 Bernard Blackham
 bernard at blackham.com.au