[plug] Linux in libraries

Christian christian at amnet.net.au
Mon Feb 18 08:13:06 WST 2002

On Sun, Feb 17, 2002 at 03:10:16PM +0800, Jonathon Bates wrote:
> > I personally don't see any problem with having a couple of CDs of each of
> > the main distributions at least (Debian, RedHat, Mandrake) on our shelves,
> > and if I had actually thought of it before I probably would have suggested
> > it. :-)  I'll definitely pass on the idea on Monday.
>
> But what about support and so forth?
> I mean who has the clues at Murdoch to really support anything like that?
> Aren't they all 1337 Doze kids?
> :p

Whether or not your point about Murdoch people is true or not, I don't
believe that the library normally provides "technical support" to the
items it loans out.  For example, if there's something in that book on
elemental particle physics you don't quite follow, the library isn't in
any way obliged to explain it to you simply because you borrowed it from
them.

--
DSA 0x2A0F80F3: 39F3 4E10 9BE9 E728 A9EE  029C D51D EE53 2A0F 80F3