[plug] quick question

Andrew Pamment apamment at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 18 20:04:31 WST 2002

Jon Miller wrote:

 > Is there a way to get updates or files using a similar function like
 >  apt-get from Debian in Red Hat 7.2 ?  In other words had RH got
 > off their butt and created a feature like Debian has?  I'm not
 > looking for the RHN feature as this only updates files on your
 > system.  If I'm looking for a new package, I would like to run a
 > apt-get like command.

yeeeah there is some rpmfind thing. i used to use it in 6.2 i'm sure
there is. you just say you want this stuff and it finds it on one of the
million rpmfind places, downloads it and install it. whats more it has a
gtk interface. GnoRPM it's called i reckon.

Andrew

--
     science chases money
and money chases it's tail