[plug] Windows X-client

craig at postnewspapers.com.au craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Tue Feb 19 16:32:53 WST 2002

> > doesn't have a CLI worth a damnn or ssh support - so of course VNC runs
> > like a pig just to make life harder.
> Drop the resoloution on the server (800 x 600) and colour depth on the
> client to 8bpp.
Thanks, that _really_ helped. Obvious in retrospect, but then it always
is, isn't it. I can now even (in sufficiently desparate situations) do
remote admin over _cable_ _modem_ when before the 100MBps LAN was
struggling to cope.

--
Craig Ringer                                       IT Manager, POST Newspapers
http://www.postnewspapers.com.au/           http://oberthur.dyndns.org/~craig/