[plug] We're not in the USA, but...

craig at postnewspapers.com.au craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Tue Feb 19 16:42:52 WST 2002

> We're not in the USA
Didn't Australia sign that nasty treaty making "criminal code" copyright
laws in the US prosecutable in other countries? Lets them apply the DMCA
to Aust citizens by trying them under US law for content made available
to Americans.

Even if we haven't yet, the way Howard's been going with sucking up to
the USA we may as well become another state of the darn place. We have
versions of most of their most brain-dead laws anyway
(http://www.efa.org.au)

--
Craig Ringer                                       IT Manager, POST Newspapers
http://www.postnewspapers.com.au/           http://oberthur.dyndns.org/~craig/