[plug] passwd (md5)

Anthony J. Breeds-Taurima tony at cantech.net.au
Wed Feb 20 12:39:45 WST 2002

On Wed, 20 Feb 2002, Patrick Tehvand wrote:

> I am having issues with a new password.
>
> It is a 14 character one with 3 numbers in it.
>
> the error is the standard bad word: based on a dictionary word
>
> but if this one is based on a dictionary word then im a small island in
> the pacific.
>
> anyone know much about md5 and issues it has?

It's NOT an md5 issue it is cracklib.  Frequently the machine has some rather
obscure ways of defining "based".  If you are root and firm in your belief
that it is a good password then set it.  Otherwise pick a new one.

If you do pick a new one then send this one to the list .. lets see of we
can get the doctionary word from it.

Yours Tony.

/*
 * --Albert Einstein