[plug] Short connects solved - am I pissed!!!!

Bill Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Wed Feb 20 23:09:21 WST 2002

Am I pissed: I found my modem hangup problem.  An email message (via
Plug!) which a kind sole decided to include "+--+--+--a--t--h" (note the
dashes between the chars - I dont want to cause the problem as well!) in
his description of the "ping of death".  It somehow got stuck in the
mail queue, so everytime I dialed the isp, it would try and send and
hang the modem up as the chars streamed through!  On the second dial, it
was within the time period so the next autosend was ~81 odd minutes
later!  After noticing the coincidental attempt to resend the same
message around the time of the hangup, a simple rm fixed the prob!

I know you didnt mean it xxxx xxx - but I hate you!!!!

BillK