[plug] Named

Jonathon Bates batesy at batesy.net
Thu Feb 21 11:04:07 WST 2002

It seems to be a firewall problem.
When i flush the rules it works no problems.....
But when i start the firewall it doesnt run. Im explictly allowing dns:
# DNS (53)
ipchains -A input -p tcp -s 0/0 -d 0/0 53 -j ACCEPT
ipchains -A input -p udp -s 0/0 -d 0/0 53 -j ACCEPT
echo -n ".."

# DNS (53)
ipchains -A output -p tcp -s 0/0 -d 0/0 53 -j ACCEPT
ipchains -A output -p udp -s 0/0 -d 0/0 53 -j ACCEPT
echo -n ".."

Would taht be correct?

Cheers
batesy