[plug] OT: word splitting

Leon Blackwell leon at lostrealm.com
Thu Feb 21 14:14:39 WST 2002

On Thu, Feb 21, 2002 at 02:05:03PM +0800, John Breen wrote:
> my 2c worth, for the pedants :)

As long as we're being pedantic, 2c rounds down to nothing these days  :)

> mouse - mice, EXCEPT in computing, where the correct plural is mouses.

Being that this is a Linux list, I thought this would be completely
inappropriate:

The Microsoft(R) Manual of Style for Technical Publications
(ed. Amanda Clark, Microsoft Press, 1995, ISBN 1-55615-939-0)
says:  "Avoid using the plural mice; if you need to refer to more
than one mouse, use mouse devices."

--
 Leon Blackwell                | Be a part of the Open Source
 http://www.lostrealm.com/     | Community, not the Open Source