[plug] Short connects solved - am I pissed!!!!

William Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Thu Feb 21 15:08:50 WST 2002

It is weird that it never triggered coming in, only going out.  ppp
doesnt escape such characters as far as I am aware, but can do character
mapping which is probably not relevant.  I suspect its more a bad choice
of default modem settings as intimated by someone else.  As well,
everyone else on the plug list also got the post, many would be using
postfix as I am, but do not seem to have a problem. The problem message
was actually in reply to the original message and included the original
text in quote - postfix was trying to forward this reply.  If you are
feeling brave (or stupid) and are running a modem, try forwarding a
reply to that message and see what happens!  or just put the characters
in a message and send it!  I would be interested in the result.  If it
causes a problem, just delete the message from the mail queue.

BillK