[plug] PLUG @ Mudrock

Bret Busby bret at busby.net
Thu Feb 21 19:24:46 WST 2002

On Thu, 21 Feb 2002, Sol wrote:

<snip>

> Can I recommend the first or third Tuesday at 7pm as a good meeting
> time, possible on the ground floor  of the Education and Humanites
> building (no, not because I'm an E&H student, but following on Richard
> Henry's suggestion). Of course a dedicated Linux room would be perfect.
> I've been a fully paid guild member for a while and I'd be happy to do
> some lobbying. I'd also be happy to visit the chancellory to organise a
> room, etc.
> Can we get some consensus on a time? Perhaps interested people could
> meet briefly @ Sir Walter's next Tuesday arvo to make some decisions and
> the  report back to James B and the PLUG exec for the OK?
>
> Sol

Perhaps, discussing it on this list, may be better.

I believe that people (like Anne and me) who are not on the Murdoch campus
during the day, who would like to attend week night meetings on the
campus, due to its close(r)ness, would like also to have some input into
the meeting time(s). Others who live south of the river, may similarly
like to have some input regarding the meeting times, but find it difficult
to attend a daytime meeting on the campus.

It would be easy to retain this thread, for the discussion, so that anyone
not interested, could just bypass the thread.

Which room(s) in the EH building, are you proposing? How close is it (or
are they) to (well lit) parking, for conveying hardware, etc?

--
Bret Busby