[plug] PLUG @ Mudrock

Sol solhanna at dingoblue.net.au
Fri Feb 22 19:47:02 WST 2002

>Perhaps, discussing it on this list, may be better.
>
>I believe that people (like Anne and me) who are not on the Murdoch campus
>during the day, who would like to attend week night meetings on the
>campus, due to its close(r)ness, would like also to have some input into
>the meeting time(s). Others who live south of the river, may similarly
>like to have some input regarding the meeting times, but find it difficult
>to attend a daytime meeting on the campus.

I hadn't thought of that. Actually I had no idea that the suggestion
would elicit the response that it did. It seems like the suggestion to
have a monthly workshop at Murdoch was reasonably popular. Nevertheless,
it will take more than good intentions to bring it about. The time issue
is what needs to be agreed upon before one of us can take it much
further with the Murdoch administration. Perhaps we should have some
sort of vote to decide what day of the month would be most popular? (NB:
I suggested first tuesday because it's free on the PLUG calendar, it's
in keeping with a Tuesday theme - look at the calendar - and because I
don't work that night. I admit it's my preference. If you would have it
otherwise, now's the time to say so.)

>Which room(s) in the EH building, are you proposing? How close is it (or
>are they) to (well lit) parking, for conveying hardware, etc?

It doesn't have to be the EH building, but this is close to parking,
both level 1 & 2 can be accessed from the ground floor without climbing
stairs, and there's an elevator to boot. However, this suggestion may be
academic (no pun intended) as it's really up to the admin.

regards,
Sol