[plug] gnome program launchers

Bill Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Mon Feb 25 04:57:32 WST 2002

Creating icons on the desktop for gnome is a black art!  I edit an
existing ~user/.gnome-desktop/shell.desktop file and save under a new
name - by the time I have exited the editor, the desktop has re-read the
directory and its there. Some times I get weird problems and have to
delete, and recreate an otherwise identical desktop file for things to
work!  Also, you do have the "#!/bin/sh" or similar line as the top line
of your shell program?

BillK