[plug] copy from web page to Star Office

Leon Blackwell leon at lostrealm.com
Mon Feb 25 15:05:19 WST 2002

On Mon, Feb 25, 2002 at 02:23:44PM +0800, Jon L.Miller wrote:
> Okay, here is a good one.  Can anyone tell me why I cannot copy content from
> a webpage in Konqueror to a Star Office document?  I've hightlighted the
> content click on copy and in StarOffice clicked on paste.  Nothing happens
> .. why?

KDE (in their infinite wisdom) decided to use their own copy buffer
system.  When you select "copy" in a KDE program (like Konqueror) it
goes into a special buffer.  Since StarOffice isn't a KDE product, it
doesn't have access to this special copy buffer.

You will need to do copy'n'paste the "old fashioned" way:

1) Select the text you want by highlighting it as usual (using the left
   mouse button)
2) Without selecting any other text, position your cursor wherever you
   want the text to be pasted (StarOffice, in your case)
3) Press the middle mouse button (or both buttons if you don't have
   three)
4) Email KDE and tell them what a pain in the butt their copy'n'paste
   system is  :)

--
 Leon Blackwell                | Television - a medium. So called
 http://www.lostrealm.com/     | because it is neither rare nor