[plug] copy from web page to Star Office

William Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Thu Feb 28 15:06:54 WST 2002

copy&paste into an open abiword document.  Use the ctrl-ins key comb and
the click in staroffice and paste it using shift-ins (windoze fashion)

alt: redirect terminal command output into a temp file using ">" and
open in abiword (as unix text), format as fixed font before copying to
staroffice.

Both these methods sound dumb but I could not open or paste a text
layout done with multiple spaces direct into staroffice without
formatting it to "courier new" font in abiword (SO loaded 2 or more
spaces as one, destroying the layout!) and then using the first method
to transfer the data!

I am using gnome, not kde, but should still work.

Love the presenter in SO though!

BillK