[plug] Window Managers

Sol solhanna at dingoblue.net.au
Wed Jan 2 00:17:42 WST 2002

>I've been thinking of trying out Window Maker but have decided to
>seek counsel first. What are the opinions floating around out there?
>
>Regards,
>Paul C

I've messed around with quite a few window managers and have to say that
Blackbox was better than I expected. My previous fave had been
Enlightenment for its extensive and relatively easy to use menus (three
menus - one for each mouse button) and the look. But Blackbox has just
as much and is much lighter. It integrates well with GNOME too.
Personally I never liked WindowMaker as it seems really clunky and I
wasn't too impressed with the menuing. But try it and see for yourself.
Everyone has different prefenences; and no doubt one of the reasons
you're a Linux user is because you actually have a choice!

Of course if you REALLY want to go for minimalism and speed there's
always twm!:)

regards,

Sol