[plug] Kernel Compilation

Anthony J. Breeds-Taurima tony at cantech.net.au
Fri Jan 4 10:10:34 WST 2002

On Fri, 4 Jan 2002, Jonathon Bates wrote:

> Hi guys,
> I have but a simple question that is annoying the shit
> out of me! :(
> Evertime I compile a new kernel, pppd never works.
> It says that the kernal lacks pppd support.
> Can anyon tell me what I need to compile into the kernel
> to get ppp working?

It means either:
	a) you didn't include PPP support
	b) you included ppp support as a module and haven't loaded it,
       and you modutils don't work you your new kernel.

These are easily fixed by reading the Changes file and ensuring that all your
utils are of the correct versions. and includes PPP support into your
kernel.

Yours Tony.

/*
 * --Albert Einstein