[plug] firewalling

craig at postnewspapers.com.au craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Fri Jan 4 12:54:08 WST 2002

> Personally I hate most GUI configuration type tools for Linux.
Well, with many you're never sure exactly what they're doing...

> I'd turn them off and create your own script.  Since you're using a 2.4
> kernel, you might as well use iptables as its far superior than ipchains
> (IMHO anyway).
However, one GUI tool I know of is very good. Fwbuilder is a powerful
interface for creating iptables scripts if you don't want to learn all
the syntax and debug the f**ing things. You keep full control over your
ruleset.

--
Craig Ringer
IT Manager, POST Newspapers