[plug] The member promotion brochure

Harry McNally harrymc at decisions-and-designs.com.au
Mon Jan 7 11:55:45 WST 2002

At 02:49  7/01/02 , scribe wrote:
>On Sun,  6 Jan 2002 21:47, Harry McNally wrote:
> > Folks
> >
> > After a request from James B that we have a brochure to promote PLUG, I've
> > created a document that was subject to vigorous scrutiny and editing at the
> > conf2003 meeting this morning. The document may now be downloaded as either
> > pdf or postscript from:
> >
> > http://members.dingoblue.net.au/~decdes/member.pdf
> >
> > and
> >
> > http://members.dingoblue.net.au/~decdes/member.ps
>
>I can't view either of them.  The ps file is giving me errors.

Arcch, no. Now what ? They were built with FrameMaker and didn't use any
fancy stuff. Then used Acrobat Distiller to make the PDFs.

What viewers have you tried, scribe ? Could it be viewer related ? I know
Bill K and James have viewed them ok. Praps list ppl could have a look with
there fave viewer and report success/failure.

I have to admit that I used Frame and Distiller under Doze rather than the
Sparc and we have always suspected minor differences as the Doze version
moves away from the Unix version. Any clues welcome because ultimately I've
got to be able to make PDFs and ps universally viewer friendly.

btw, I've created a colour version in PDF and ps. They are:

http://members.dingoblue.net.au/~decdes/member_colour.pdf
and
http://members.dingoblue.net.au/~decdes/member_colour.ps

All are accessible from the index page at /~decdes/

Have fun
Harry