[plug] Linux support for Promise ATA100

Russell Hobman Russell.Hobman at watercorporation.com.au
Tue Jan 8 08:45:30 WST 2002

Goodaye pluggers, I am fairly new to Linux, and I was hoping that someone
could advise me which Linux distros are similar. the reason being is that I
have just bought a promise ata100 card and plan to install it in my Mandrake
8.0 box. I have been to the promise Linux support page and cannot find a
specific mandrake driver. however there is support for other Linux distros
there. could someone advise which would be the closest match to use with
mandrake 8.0. my choices are:
1. Turbo Linux Server 6.5
2. Open Linux 3.1
3. SuSe 7.1/7.2
4. Red Hat 6.2/7.0/7.1
many thanks for any assistance. regards, Russell.