[plug] spam delivery failure

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.fdns.net
Tue Jan 8 10:32:14 WST 2002

On Tuesday 08 January 2002 07:19, Bill Kenworthy wrote:
> I am getting a few persistant spams that I would like the mail system to
> just send back a delivery failure report to see if that discourages
> them.  What is the best way to do this.  Is it even possible as this is
> a dialup and mail queues at the isp until I fetchmail it.

KMail has bounce-on-demand (Message/Bounce... menu) but your mileage will
vary depending on the spammer. A bounce that doesn't work may convince the
spamming software that the address is real.

Using an email address like nospam at mydomain.com.au works reasonably well, for
example nospam at cyberknights.com.au will get to me. (-: much spamming software
throws away addresses with `nospam' in them, or at least deletes the word and
sorrounding delimiters like `-', yielding `@cyberknights.com.au' :-). The
domain nospam.com.au has no NS records, if you're interested.

Cheers; Leon