[plug] Grumble, grumble, Windows strikes again

Brian Tombleson brian at paradigmit.com.au
Tue Jan 8 14:26:24 WST 2002

From: "Daniel" <cottmain at yahoo.com.au>
> iinet's new Explorer ADSL $79.95pcm Traffic 3000M(1000M Peak, 2000M
> Offpeak) seems much the same as Telstra with T chosen as a phone service
> provider except T doesn't care when you download, and I think T reduce it
> further $5pcm when your contract expires.   Would I be right in guessing
> you are looking at the more expensive options?

One important thing you're overlooking is that Iinet provide a static IP
address by default whereas with T you have to go to a compeltely different
section of the company that don't talk to any other sections where you pay
for every Mb with a minimum of $699pcm.  "More expensive" doesn't begin to
describe how f*!&ing ludicrously this is priced.

Of course, if you don't want to host any services, then you can happily live
without any of this concern.

- Brian.