[plug] Grumble, grumble, Windows strikes again

Hook hooker at opera.iinet.net.au
Tue Jan 8 17:55:54 WST 2002

Brian Tombleson wrote :

> From: "Leon Brooks" <leon at brooks.fdns.net>
> > One other thing, if you get iiNet's ``unlimited'' ADSL account, it's
> > throttled at 10GB/month. The iiNet bloke was unable to tell me how
> throttled.
>
> Apparently down to 56K until the end of the month.

How much it's throttled depends on how much of the link is in use. The ATM
pipe is a fixed size, and the throttling process ensures that other classes
of account get a higher proportion of the available bandwidth. Once you
reach 10 Gb, you'll probably do better between midnight and 6 am.

Paul Wilson