[plug] Building Debian packages to satisfy dependencies?

Andrew Furey simpware at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 9 17:30:38 WST 2002

Hi guys,

(This is probably a question for JamesB as much as
anyone... :)

I'm just in the process of upgrading to woody (from
potato). I have a RIVA TNT2 M64, so I'm using the
nvidia-kernel and nvidia-glx packages (rather than
compiling my own like I was before :)

The resulting kernel-specific package,
nvidia-kernel-2.4.16 (in my case), recommends
kernel-image-2.4.16. However since I always compile my
own kernels from pristine source, I don't have a
kernel-image-2.4.16.

My question is, what's the easiest way to make a dummy
package with the "Provides kernel-image-2.4.16" to
fill this (recommended) dependency?

TIA
Andrew

=====
"One Architecture, One OS" also translates as "One Egg, One Basket".

http://my.yahoo.com.au - My Yahoo!
- It's My Yahoo! Get your own!