[plug] Copying a directory tree without the files

Adam Davin badger at arach.net.au
Wed Jan 9 23:34:25 WST 2002

Hi all,

just a quick question.

Are there any utilities that people know of that provide functionality like
xcopy /s/e/t (ie copies just the tree structure without the files) I have a
directory template that I wish to set up for file organisation (and then on
to burning to cd) so that as I download I can sort files.

As the structure shifts and changes slightly I would like to be able to
periodically either a) remove all files from the tree but leave the tree
intact

b) copy the tree (minus the files) to a template location.

the latter is probably the most beneficial as it would be nice to be able to
delete a branch once it had been burnt, and then restore the template.

If nothings available ( and as yet man / apropos / freshmeat / google havn't
turned up anything) I'll end up scripting something myself.

Cheers

Adam Davin
---