[plug] shell script

Adam Davin badger at arach.net.au
Thu Jan 10 00:16:32 WST 2002

Rob,

I originally did something like this for my first ppp up scripts so that I
could update my dynamic dns entries...

Then I realised (for debian at least) that the IP address is piped to ip-up
and then ip-up.local (if you have it) as arguement $4

thus adding a line something like

echo $4 > /etc/ppp/my-ip

should stick your ip in the above mentioned file

HTH

Adam Davin

ps.
my string was

/sbin/ifconfig | grep -e ppp -A1 | grep -e inet | cut c-21-35

occasionally as the ip address was longer or shorter I'd pick up a stray
character at the end.

---