[plug] Plug membership drive?

Jonathon Bates batesy at batesy.net
Thu Jan 10 15:36:12 WST 2002

<snip>
> Many shops such as bike shops and outdoor/camping shops will give 10% off
> just for asking, and lots of clubs have that 'arrangement' for members.

On that note, I konw a lot of geeks who are the outdoorsy none
stereotypical "geeks". I wonder if it would be possible to perhaps talk to
such places (Mountain Designs and so forth) about discounts for clubs.

> But what would PLUG do? Computer shops dont have the margin for much of
> a discount. I suppose it doesnt hurt to ask. 4% for cash??
> Movies? I hope nobody here is dumb enough to pay full price
> for movie tickets. There are so many discount options already.

I guess if we really wanted to get plugs name out and about, perhaps have
a charity golf day, where alot of the linux users and supporters around
Perth have a best ball comp or something. Teams of 4.
We could get sponsorship from some of the bigger ISP's and companies
around town and the profits goto cover plugs costs (which would be
minimal) and the rest to say Telethon or something.

Thoughts??

>   Can we configure the mailing list to append a footer ?
 Wouldnt be hard to do!

Cheers
batesy