[plug] Plug membership drive?

Alex Polglaze apolglaze at book-keepingnetwork.com.au
Thu Jan 10 17:54:10 WST 2002

If people join PLUG surely it is for the computer side of things, not
cheap movie tickets.

If somebody joins for cheap movies, do we really want them, apart from
their money, on the list? The problem we have is that anything that is
free is worthless in the eyes of the receiver. If we make the library
only open to members, then membership has a perceived benefit. As a
corollary, if everything is available to everybody regardless of
membership status, then why bother to pay in the first place.

The benefits of membership must relate directly to the organisation if
the group is to prosper and be able to provide more benefits in the
future.

My thoughts anyway,

Alex Polglaze