[plug] Disk partitioning

Harry McNally harrymc at decisions-and-designs.com.au
Thu Jan 10 22:36:13 WST 2002

Is there anyone still beavering (yes I know Leon and scribe are out there)
that can tell me if I've done a bad, bad thing. I've got a new 60 giggle
bite drive for a new Linux only box that has a swap partition and a TheRest
huge partition. Should I have fractured this to multiple partitions for

1. safety,
2. management,
3. so I don't have to stare at a bad block read check for a very long time ?

Is there a better plan ?
Will this question invoke the DiskPartitioningEvangalism flame wars ?
Noting also that this is a personal workstation and not a server for all
and sundry ?

cu
Harry