[plug] Re: PLUG logo candidates

Harry McNally harrymc at decisions-and-designs.com.au
Sat Jan 12 15:41:39 WST 2002

At 04:55  12/01/02 , you wrote:
>On Sat, 12 Jan 2002 12:35, Jason Nicholls wrote:
> > On Thu, Jan 10, 2002 at 07:39:43AM +0000, Harry McNally wrote:
> > > plug /pl^g/, n., v., ...
> > >
> > > ... 13. U.S. Colloq. a man's tall silk hat. (?) -v.t 14. to stop or fill
> > > with or as with a plug. ...
> > >
> > > http://members.dingoblue.net.au/~decdes/unplugged.gif
> >
> > What do people think of this logo? There wasn't really much response but I
> > think it has been the best candidate so far. I actually quite like it,
> > simple and different.
>
>Obviously I'm biased, but the first thing that came to mind was Tux has
>fallen into a toilet.  I don't like it.

Hahahaha ! Jeez your norty, dr scribe :) I really wasn't intending for it
to be toilet humour.

The connection was actually with the penguin from W&G Wrong Trousers when
he ended up stuck in a bottle but we didn't want to distort Tux.

Careful readers may also make some connection with the recent pamphlet
"Have you seen this penguin?". This was purely coincidental.

Also, be mindful that often the "coolness on a t-shirt" metric is sometimes
the use of particular fonts. So many graphical alternatives are possible.

I like the surfboard Tux because he means business but you'll have probably
realised by now that the ideas from the DnD padded concepts room are driven
by the likes of Wallace and Gromit and The Goons (folks). Radio National,
810 AM, 1530 hours, TODAY !

The upsidedown-ness was J's idea so here is one with him right way up.

http://members.dingoblue.net.au/~decdes/upside_plug.gif

All the best and have fun
Harry