[plug] [ot] good network PostScript laser printer with lpd

craig at postnewspapers.com.au craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Wed Jan 16 14:39:13 WST 2002

> Goodaye Craig, we are using mostly hp's on LAN. models are HP Laser Jet 4MV
> for up to A3 B&W or HP Laser Jet C5M for nice A3 color in both post script
> and regular. we have a Deskjet 2500CM but the color tints are a bit more
> pastel and it seems slower than other HP's. hth, Russell.
I _love_ the HP4MV series. We have 2 of them, they're our current
network printers. We've worked them to death - and if you know 4MVs, you
know just how impressive that is. They cost so much to keep running now
it'll be cheaper to retire one of them.

Glad to see someone else likes HP lasers. I've been thinking about just
getting the updated model based on the 4MV if there is one.

--
Craig Ringer
IT Manager, POST Newspapers