[plug] grabbing running apps

Ryan ryan at prodigital.net.au
Wed Jan 16 18:45:36 WST 2002

>If I am running an app on (say, tty1) and ssh to my box so that i'm on
>ttyp1, is there any way i can get the app to move from tty1 to ttyp1 so
>that I can manage it from there?

I don't know of a way to fully move it, but you can use 'screen' .. once
run, screen presents you a standard looking shell and whatever you run in
it can be detached and resumed at will by the same user on any tty.  If you
have a bad memory and forget to run processes via screen, setup and use
ttysnoop, which has lots of other nice voyeuristic features:

http://www.linuxhelp.net/guides/djg/ttysnoop.shtml

Ryan