[plug] Modem Sharing

craig at postnewspapers.com.au craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Fri Jan 18 12:53:55 WST 2002

> just wondering if there is any modem sharing software foe Linux.
> I need to be able to use the modem to dial several places from several systems.

The basic capabilities are built into the kernel. There are two ways to
go, really: dedicated firewall/gateway distros like "Mandrake Single
Network Firewall" and Smoothwall . Or, if you want to use it as a
general purpose server or workstation as well, I know Mandrake has an
easy GUI tool to enable IPMasq/NAT ("connection sharing"). Any other
distros that have easy-to-use NAT setup tools?

oh,
PLEASE DISABLE HTML EMAIL at least for mailing lists!

--
Craig Ringer
IT Manager, POST Newspapers