[plug] getting telnet access

Bill Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Sun Jan 20 21:09:51 WST 2002

Ive come on this thread late, but it seems more likely that the telnet
server has not been installed - in Mandrake it is not installed by
default - you have to manually do it - hence the missing xinet.d/telnet
file.  Note that the telnet client is installed and is a different
package.

For Mandrake 8.1:

[root at rattus BUILD]# rpm -qlp
/home/rpm/cd/cd2/Mandrake/RPMS2/telnet-server-krb5-1.2.2-11mdk.i586.rpm
/etc/xinetd.d/telnet
/usr/sbin/telnetd
/usr/share/man/man8/telnetd.8.bz2
[root at rattus BUILD]#

i.e., 7.2 will have a different package version, but
/etc/xinetd.d/telnet should be part of it.

BillK