[plug] Intermittant, constant crashes

Kai vk6ksj at siwa.com.au
Mon Jan 21 09:28:06 WST 2002

-- SNIP --

 > Do you get anything to the screen?
 > Kernel panic maybe???

Nope, nothing at all.../var/log/messages is clean which is why I
couldn't understand the crashing !

-- SNIP --

 > Had a similar problem with 6.2 and custom built kernels, I needed to use
 > the distro kernel, tried the source rpm and all.
 > Anyway just a thought.

I took Bill's advice and opened the box...cleaned it all out and now the
CPU fan is running like it should be. It hasn't crashed since I booted
it last night so I'd say the problem's licked.

Cheers for the feeback though.