[plug] TightVNC

Brad Campbell brad at seme.com.au
Mon Jan 21 15:48:15 WST 2002

G'day all,

I have been using VNC for a while, over a 28k modem link, to log into a
win4lin session on my work box, from home. Someone whispered tightvnc in
my ear a week or so ago and I thought I'd give it a try.
Short summary is it's quicker, has local cursor handling which is really nice
and generally feels smoother. Also has ssh tunneling built in.
If you use vnc over a slow link, give it a go. Actually, with the local
cursor handling it's much nicer even on the same box.

--
Brad....
                   /"\