[plug] TightVNC

Brad Campbell brad at seme.com.au
Mon Jan 21 17:01:16 WST 2002

Matt Kemner wrote:

> Ooh, and incorporated in the latest vnc packages for Debian (sid) too :)
>
>  - Matt goes off to experiment...

If you want to try something funny (Stupid perhaps)
I run win4lin in a separate vnc session with vnet networking so it has it's
own ip address. I then vnc into that from xwindows so I can use it locally and
remotely as I can't get the windows vnc server to work under win4lin.
I just did something silly and started vnc viewer in windows, pointed to the
vnc server that windows is running under. A most odd visual feedback type of
effect was created along with an apparent runaway window creation effect.
I must be bored.

Under win4lin, both the original vnc server and the tightvnc server lock up
hard when I try to connect to them. Only that process locks though, so I can
give it the three finger salute and force close the process. Oh well, it works
well as is I guess.

I must say my work life has improved significantly since Leon pointed me at
win4lin. And more so since I was shoved in the direction of VNC.

Cheers List :p)

--
Brad....
                   /"\