[plug] Redhat 7.2 - I take it back

Grahame Bowland grahame at ucs.uwa.edu.au
Mon Jan 21 17:18:22 WST 2002

I just installed RedHat 7.2 on one of our shiny new servers. We're
forced to use it because of a vendor refusing product support unless
it's RedHat - long story. To my surprise it actually works and
installing onto RAID-1 was a joy. It actually let me create the raidset
in an intuitive GUI and install onto it.

Which was much more fun than my typical approach of creating the raidset
with drives failed and copying over.

Who's found similar functionality in their distros installer? I'm
thinking of getting involved in the new debian-boot stuff that will be
used after woody, and it'd be nice to start hacking on a gtk-framebuffer
installer at some point (don't really see the point in using an
X-server.)

Have fun,
Grahame

BTW: I'd like to join PLUG. Any sensible way of joining remotely like
direct-deposit into a bank account, or do I have to walk ~200 metres
from work to Cameron Hall? :-)

Grahame Bowland                       Email: grahame at ucs.uwa.edu.au
University Communications Services    Phone: +61 8 9380 1175
The University of Western Australia     Fax: +61 8 9380 1109
                                     CRICOS: 00126G