[plug] File system question

Denis Brown dsbrown at cyllene.uwa.edu.au
Wed Jan 23 09:36:49 WST 2002

Many thanks to Grahame and Brian for the input.

I infer from the replies that it wasn't quite as simplistic an issue as I'd
thought; for example I completely missed thinking about the ownership
status of copied files & directories.  I hope this information has / will
be of interest to others, too.

For my case I'll simply start again with a much clearer idea of the
configuration I want to achieve.  20/20 hindsight is a wondrous thing
:-)  When / if time permits I'll set up another box and have a play with
the techniques of directory movement suggested here.

Regards,
Denis