[plug] the tecktrek survey

Harry McNally harrymc at decisions-and-designs.com.au
Wed Jan 23 12:27:01 WST 2002

Hey pluggers

If I wasn't so cross this would be funny.

I answered the tecktrek survey (thoughtfully)

https://demo.election.com/techtrek/

and pressed the Submit button and got ..

"
We are sorry, but we are unable to process your request at this time.
Number = 50206
Description = Failure in procedure actRecordResult: ip_address problems.
Source = Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server : Execute -
ETM_User.User_Methods:ApplyVote
Component.ApplyVote failed
"

so I tried to reload to recover my posted data and ..

"
Our records indicate that you have already completed the survey.
If you are a new user, then you must logout to start the survey.
"

Putting aside the stupidity that we will solve the "digital divide" by
conducting a fekking _online_survey_ our favourite software provider has
problems accepting my (somewhat abusive) comments.

<shakes head>

In the miniscule comments fields at the bottom I said ..

16. What future things do wish you could do on the Internet that you can't
do now, or are not
aware of? Enter your response in the text box.

"A home office server with reliable b/w and perm IP to host our business
here not the USA ($31/mo)"

17. Any other comments about the Internet or your particular communications
needs? Enter
your response in the text box.

"Comment boxes are too small to explain the stupid and/or incoherent
agendas of Alston et. al."

Try the survey. Your entry might work. It seems I'm an ip_address problem.
:)

cu
Harry