[plug] ipchains & iptables?

Grahame Bowland grahame at ucs.uwa.edu.au
Fri Jan 25 12:50:03 WST 2002

On Thu, 2002-01-24 at 20:46, Andrew Furey wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> Anyone know of a good HOWTO-type resource for
> switching from ipchains to iptables? Something that
> would show how to do everything ipchains used to do,
> would be nice.

Take a look at ferm - I write most filter rules in that and it goes from
your description out into ipchains, iptables or the BSD netfilter stuff.

It's in Debian testing/unstable - apt-get install ferm.

Cheers,
Grahame

Grahame Bowland                       Email: grahame at ucs.uwa.edu.au
University Communications Services    Phone: +61 8 9380 1175
The University of Western Australia     Fax: +61 8 9380 1109
                                     CRICOS: 00126G