[plug] CCNP BCMSN exam

Evan Lau evanlau at tartarus.uwa.edu.au
Fri Jan 25 23:12:21 WST 2002

Hi everybody,

Just wondered if anybody here did the CCNP BCMSN (multilayer switching)
exam 640-504 lately....and if so, what did they think of it?

What kind of questions were involved....general useful conceptual stuff
or useless specific stuff (eg. what SAINT does)?....a lot of command
line questions?

Also, if you go to http://www.mcmcse.com/testing/index.php and select
the 640-504 exam and look at the questions, does this accurately depict
what kind of questions and what sort of topics are in the exam? Or is
it outdated or irrelevent?

Lastly, any recommendations on good preparation books (for all parts of
CCNP)? What is your opinion of the Preparation Library and
Certification Library by Cisco itself?

Thanks in advanced for any help. I hope the answers I'm seeking don't
violate any of the explicit (or implicit) agreements you had to sign
when taking the test.

Cheers,
Evan

PS     How much is each of the CCNP exams? Anybody take the huge
combined one?