[plug] home network howto

Andrew Pamment apamment at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 27 07:38:35 WST 2002

Hey...

you wanna do three things?

1) Network them
2) Get file sharing going
3) Share the net..

1) Linux-Networking-HOWTO http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/Net-HOWTO/index.html

2) (few ways to do this - I suggest Samba) SMB Howto
http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/SMB-HOWTO.html

3) Linux IP Masquerading Howto
http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/IP-Masquerade-HOWTO/index.html

The last one is proberly the most difficult to get your head around.. make
SURE you're using a decent firewall. If you're using 2.4 kernels checkout
Monmotha's script for easy masquerading and firewalls (you can look that up
yourself.. its on freshmeat)

If ya need any more help, ask nicely and if you live near a bus station I'll
give ya a hand.

Andrew