[plug] PPPD

Anthony J. Breeds-Taurima tony at cantech.net.au
Wed Jan 30 11:38:51 WST 2002

On Sun, 27 Jan 2002, Andrew  Barbara wrote:

> Hi,
> is there a way to dial a connection with pppd as a non privliged user, im getting the following error...
>
> /usr/sbin/pppd: must be root to run /usr/sbin/pppd, since it is not setuid-root

CReate a group (I'll call mine dialout)
cd /usr/sbin
chown root:dialout
chmod 2750 pppd

Then run the script. pppd should now work.

every distro has a differnt way of doing it properly.  If you told us the
distro you are running we may be able to help in more detail.

Yours Tony.

/*
 * --Albert Einstein
 */