[plug] licq

craig at postnewspapers.com.au craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Wed Jan 30 11:54:13 WST 2002

> 2) icq has turned into a monster and wont allow anything without the
> aol-time-warner secret handshake and ad retrieval system.
You got it. A friend of mine even had a message pop up on their system
saying "The person you're trying to contact is using an old verison of
ICQ, messages may be dropped and communication may be unreliable. Please
encourage them to upgrade to a new version available from icq.com"

*arrggh*

Got to love AOL.

You are unlikely to be able to do direct communication between licq and
Icq2000 or above, either. I have had no problem with messages dropped by
the server yet, though.

--
Craig Ringer
IT Manager, POST Newspapers