[plug] kswapd

Andrew Pamment apamment at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 31 16:07:17 WST 2002

ok, um can someone help me?

why does kswapd feel the need to take over my cpu after a little while?
I'm just pottering along and suddenly gkrellm is at 100% cpu usage and
top says that it is all kswapd's fault. this is ok, except it wont give
it back. and i dont think it's wise to kill, but i tried anyway but it
wouldn't die, so i rebooted and it said my /dev/hda2 was busy so it
wouldn't unmount and so it needed to go through fsck. i'm using 2.4.13
is this an evil kernel? is it really secretly inventing weapons of mass
destruction with my naieve athlon who wouldn't know any better that to
just do as it's told? do i need to get 2.4.17?

andrew